The Project: “jOiNEd For sUsTainability – building climate RESilient communities in WB and EU – 1FUTURE” started its implementation. On May 3 and 4, 2023, the Project’s Kick Off meeting was organized. It was attended by project partners, EU...
The University of Tirana, Faculty of Economics, will coordinate the Project. It will be implemented in partnership with universities in the Western Balkans, universities in developed EU countries, and non-academic partners, such as non-profit organizations and business associations. The Project focuses on developing and implementing solutions to mitigate the impacts of climate change and create a more sustainable future.
Academic partners in the Project:
- Polytechnic University of Tirana – https://www.upt.al/
- Luarasi University – https://luarasi-univ.edu.al/
- University of Tuzla – http://untz.ba/en/home/
- University College “CEPS – Center for Business Studies” (Bosnia and Herzegovina) – http://en.ceps.edu.ba/
- University of Montenegro – https://www.ucg.ac.me/
- Lund University (Sweeden) – https://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/lubas/i-uoh-lu-SASME
- Eberswalde University (Germany) – https://www.hnee.de/en/University/University-for-Sustainable-Development-Eberswalde-E1145.htm
- University IUAV of Venice (Italy) – https://www5.iuav.it/homepage/index.htm
- Universitety of Novi Sad-it (Serbia) – https://www.uns.ac.rs/index.php/en/
- Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje (North Macedonia) – https://www.ukim.edu.mk/en_index.php
Non-academic partners include NGOs from all Western Balkan countries participating in the Project, business associations, and simultaneously also public institutions:
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Tirana – https://www.cci.al/en/
- National Agency for Scientific Research and Innovation – AKKSHI -http://nasri.gov.al/
- INSTITUTE FOR NATURE CONSERVATION IN ALBANIA- INCA – https://www.inca-al.org/en/
- The Chamber of Economy of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina – https://www.kfbih.com/eng
- Association for Risk Management AZUR – https://www.azur.ba/eng/about-us/
- NGO Građevinarstvo – nauka i praksa – GNP – https://www.gnp.ucg.ac.me/
- The Chamber of Engineers of Montenegro (CEM) – http://www.ingkomora.me/ikcg_mne/public/index.php/index/kategorija?id_kategorija=1
Among the main components of the Project:
- Increasing research capacities at the Western Balkans Universities through “Research Centers for Sustainable Development and Climate.”
- Creation of the 1Future Platform, a cooperation platform between the university, businesses, and the government to achieve the objectives of Sustainable Development. The 1Future platform will be an open structure, allowing information and communication to flow freely between all stakeholders involved.
- Capacity building for teaching in subjects related to sustainable development
- Providing intensive courses for professionals engaged in the design, implementation, and support of climate change adaptation and mitigation policies, employed in central, regional and local government institutions, non-profit organizations or for business representatives interested in improving their skills in many related areas to climate change.
The Project has already started in April 2023 and is planned to last three years.
- EU OVERARCHING PRIORITY: the Green Deal(climate change, environment, and energy)
- Geographical targets: multicountry(regional) project
- Number of Partners: 18
- Number of countries: 8
- Start-End : 01/04/2023 – 31/03/2026
- Project Website: https://1future.feut.edu.al/