The Project: “jOiNEd For sUsTainability – building climate RESilient communities in WB and EU – 1FUTURE” started its implementation. On May 3 and 4, 2023, the Project’s Kick Off meeting was organized. It was attended by project partners, EU institutions, representatives of embassies, business representatives, representatives of interested parties, and staff and students of the partner HEIs in the Project. The Project aims to raise capacities for strengthening research and teaching in the fields related to Sustainable Development and Climate Change. The European Union finances this Project within the framework of the Erasmus+ program. The Project is implemented following the objectives of the EU and specifically the priorities related to the Green Deal (EU GreenDeal).
The Project, which will be coordinated by the University of Tirana, Faculty of Economics, will be implemented in partnership with universities in the Western Balkans, universities in developed EU countries, and in cooperation with non-academic partners, such as non-profit organizations and business associations. The Project will focus on developing and implementing solutions to mitigate the impacts of climate change and create a more sustainable future.
The academic partners in the Project are:
- University of Tirana(Albania)
- Polytechnic University of Tirana (Albania)
- Luarasi University (Albania)
- University of Tuzla
- Center for Business Studies (Bosnia-Herzegovina),
- University of Montenegro (Montenegro),
- Lund University(Sweden),
- Fachhochschule Eberswalde(Germany),
- Università Iuav di VeneziaUniversity of Venice (Italy).
- Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad(Serbia),
- Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje (UKIM) (North Macedonia)
Also, non-academic partners include NGOs from all Western Balkan countries participating in the Project, business associations, and simultaneously public institutions:
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Tirana(Albania)
- National Agency for Scientific Research and Innovation – AKKSHI (Albania)
- INSTITUTE FOR NATURE CONSERVATION IN ALBANIA (Albania)
- The Chamber of Economy of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Association for Risk Management AZUR (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- NGO Građevinarstvo – nauka i praksa – GNP (Montenegro)
- The Chamber of Engineers of Montenegro (CEM) (Montenegro)
The Project started in April 2023 and will be implemented for a period of 3 years.
For more information on the Project, please visit www.1future.feut.edu.al